Tuesday, June 18, 2013

No. 243: A Much Different Kind of Urgency



Our studies as singers are riddled with urgent messages:

"...If I did not have singing lessons from the time I was three there is no hope for me..."
"...If I don't have money I cannot learn to sing..."
"...Once I reach a certain age, a chance for a career is lost..."
"...If I can't read music, I cannot be a musician, and I cannot sing..."
"...S/he told me I cannot sing.  Therefore I cannot sing..."
"...Singing is scary.  I can't do it..."

"...Blah, blah blah, blah BLAH..."

Stop listening to these urgent messages sent from Fear.

Listen, instead, to the Still Small Voice inside YOU that says:

"There is more, there IS more...now, come and find It."
(Or something of that playfully mischievous and--at first--possibly freaky nature)

THIS is the most urgent message of all--and IT's the only One worth listening to
For It will lead you to your HeArt, 
Which in Its completeness 
and Utter Power
Will show You Who You Are
in all the glory
color
sensation
and sound
of LIFE.

LIFE is the only urgent pull worth living for.

Becoming a HeArt Singer is releasing the messages from Fear and Death
and stepping into
the vibrant TRUTH
of the beauty
we ARE 
at any moment.

Yeah, THIS is Life.  THIS is Love.  THIS is Opera Organically.


No comments:

Post a Comment